How To Set Up Win95 From Upgrade Cd Without Old Win 3.X
1. You have a clean-formatted Hard drive and no Win3.1. Find another computer and do the following.
2. Open Control Panel
3. Double click on 'Add-Remove programs'
4. Click on third Tab named 'Make Boot Disk'
5. Insert a formated disk in drive A and click 'Create'. This will create a bootable
system disk with DOS 7.0 (the native W95 DOS)
6. Open a DOS Window and use the 'copy' command to copy your CD-ROM driver (something like TOSHV212.SYS for Toshiba ATAPI) on your diskette
7. Open Notepad and load 'Autoexec.bat' from the diskette.
Add the line:
LH A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /L:D
(assuming MSCDEX.EXE is in the root directory and D: is your CD-ROM drive)
8. Save Autoexec.bat in the diskette.
9. Load 'Config.sys' from the diskette.
10. Add the line:
DEVICE=A:\Driver.SYS /D:MSCD000 /N:1
(where 'driver.sys' is your CD-ROM driver. Check your CD-ROM's
installation disk for that)
11. Save 'Config.sys' in the diskette.
12. To prevent W95 setup from asking Win3.1 disks select 'File/New' on
Notepad and type:
13. Save as 'Batch.txt' on the diskette.
14. Perform a 'scandisk' on the diskette
15. On your computer, boot with this diskette on drive A:
16. Change to CD-ROM (D: ) to make sure that everything it's OK.
If not, check again the bat and sys files yoy created.
17. Insert your Windows 95 Upgrade CD. Make sure you're seing D:\> or E:\>
18. Type Setup A:\Batch.txt (Press enter)
19. Follow the on screen instructions.
After several minutes you will have a brand new installation.
Back To The Top
Bud's CDs FREE MP3s Alphabetical Index Of Everything In This Site